Roof covers have a service life guaranteed by manufacturers. For example, metal shingles can last for up to 50 years, while common asphalt shingles are only guaranteed for up to 20 years. After this period, it will definitely be necessary to replace the whole roof because it will be worn out, in terms of performance and aspect.
Replacing the roof is not as complicated as it sounds, but for the best results, it is important that such a project be carried out by roofing specialists, considering that both the stripping of the old roof and the installation of the new elements are particularly important for obtaining excellent results.
Replacing an old roof involves several steps, and you need to make sure that your roof company Southlake area is properly equipped to deal with the entire process. It includes:
- Obtaining the building permits
- Disassembly of the old roof
- Replacement of damaged supporting elements and installation of the anti-condensation foil
- Installation of the new roof (cover materials, accessories, drainage system)
- Cleaning the site and performing the final inspection
After the installation of the roof is completed, you must also receive all the information necessary for the maintenance of your new roof, as well as of the rainwater system. You will also be recommended the intervals for inspections and revisions.